SE Ranking Review 2021 – Your Affordable SEMrush Alternative?
Complete SEO Features like keyword research, backlink analysis, rank tracking, site audit, competitor analysis, etc. with social media management.
Ease of Use
Very intuitive and clean user interface. Tutorial/overview videos provided to get started easily.
The most affordable and flexible pricing plan to ever exist in an SEO suite. Starting at 18.6$/month.
Very warm, fast and knowledgeable customer support via email, chat and call.
Welcome to my SE Ranking Review. I’m very excited to have you here.
I happened to come across an SEO suite which many of its users highly regarded as an affordable SEMrush alternative. Being a SEMrush user myself, I was very curious and so I decided to try it. I was so impressed and satisfied with SE Ranking, that I even ending up ditching SEMrush!
Regarding the agenda for this review, we will be first looking at the overview, user ratings, features, and pricing of SE Ranking. Toward the end, we will also compare SE Ranking with other leading SEO/marketing software suites like SEMrush, ahrefs, etc. to find out whether SE Ranking is probably the best SEO solution for you.
Alright, let’s dive in!
Table of Contents
SE Ranking Review - What is SE Ranking?
SE Ranking is an all-in-one SEO Software Suite/SEMrush alternative that has all the SEO features one would need for a successful digital marketing campaign. It is also the only SEO suite with a flexible and affordable pricing plan suitable for Everyone – freelancers, individual SEO experts, Bloggers, Agencies, and much more.
SE Ranking consists of a variety of SEO features/tools like Keyword research, Keyword Suggestion, Backlink Analysis, Rank Tracking, Competitor Research, and much more. It also comes with a Social Media Management using which you could schedule, publish and monitor your social media campaign performance under one dashboard.
As mentioned earlier, SE ranking is the only SEO suite to provide a personalized and affordable pricing plan. You can simply choose from multiple feature options that are most suitable and affordable to you. This is one of the important reasons why people love using SE Ranking.
In fact, people regard SE Ranking as an effective SEMrush alternative that they could afford.
Let’s take a look at what famous software review blogs and people think about SE Ranking.
USER RATINGS AND MENTIONS
From the ratings, it is clearly evident that people love using SE Ranking. In fact, the ratings are higher than for SEMrush and Ahrefs!
- SE Ranking has been featured among the top Fastest Growing and Highly Satisfying Products for two consecutive years -2020 and 2021.
- SE Ranking has also been awarded the Expert’s Choice Award 2019 by Finances Online.
SE Ranking Review -Project Set-Up
Steps to Set-up a new SEO Project are:
Step 1 – Enter Your Website URL
Step 2 – Enter Your Keywords
You could import your keywords from an external file. ‘Suggest Keywords’ options will provide you keyword suggestions based on your website.
Step 3 – Configure Search Engine
Here, you could select a search engine and the country to track. You could also track your Google ad rankings.
Step 4 – Configure Search Engine
Step 5 – Integrate Google Properties
SE Ranking Review- FEATURES
SE Ranking is a complete SEO suite consisting of the following features/toolkits:
Let’s look at the features in detail.
SEO Toolkit has the following tools/features:
- SE Ranking Keyword Research Tool
- SE Ranking Keyword Suggestion Tool
- On-Page SEO Checker
- Rank Tracking Tool
- Backlinks Checking & Monitoring Tool
- Keyword Grouper
- Index Status Checker – Checks the status of your indexing
- Search Engine Autocomplete – find out the current trending searches on Google.
- Marketing Plan- gives an roadmap for structuring your SEO plans
Let’s dive into each tool/feature.
SE RANKING KEYWORD RESEARCH & SUGGESTION TOOL
Using SE Ranking’s Keyword Research and Suggestion tool, you could do the following:
- Analyze any keyword thoroughly
- Find out new keyword opportunities
- Assess your keyword competition
Firstly, you could simply enter any keyword for a thorough analysis about its search volume, difficulty, CPC, SERP, and PPC results. Let’s enter SE Ranking as our search keyword and analyze its key parameters.
Difficulty score – Gives you an idea of how easy/difficult it is for you to rank using your search keyword. For our keyword, the difficulty score is moderate/doable i.e. it would take a fair bit of effort to rank for that keyword. I would advise you to target keywords with easy to moderate difficulty scores to rank faster on SERP’s.
Search Volume – Helps in finding out how many organic monthly searches that your keyword gets on Google. You could see the search trends over a period of time.
CPC and Paid Competition- Gives you an insight into the average CPC that you might pay for running PPC ad campaigns. You could also see the global competition for your keyword.
Based on your search keyword, SE Ranking also shows your similar and related keywords using which you could discover new keyword ideas for your content.
When you click on detailed report, you will be taken to SE Ranking’s Keyword Suggestion Tool.
SE Ranking’s Keyword Suggestion Tool gives you a detailed analysis of similar and related keyword suggestions. (as shown in the image above). You could look into search volume, CPC cost, competition, and difficulty.
You could also export the keyword suggestion list and use it for external/future purposes.
After analyzing your keyword and finding new keyword opportunities, the next obvious step is to assess the competition. As shown in the image above, we could analyze both organic and paid competition. Information like who is ranking on top SERP results and top advertisers can help you strategize your SEO plan better.
You could not see who is advertising but could also see their ads! Yes, you could see the current and past ads run by your competitors using SE Ranking Keyword Tool. And, it doesn’t stop there.
You could expand these ads, and see the exact ad copy that is being used. In this way, you will be able to create an outperforming ad copy for your ad campaigns.
So far, we have analyzed only a single keyword. If you want to analyze/research hundreds or even thousands of keywords at once, you could do that effortlessly using SE Ranking’s Bulk Analysis.
SE Ranking Review- ONPAGE SEO CHECKER
Using SE Ranking’s Onpage SEO Checker, you could do the following:
- Get a detailed report on how your webpage is optimized for a particular search query.
- Get actionable recommendations to fix your SEO errors.
Enter your webpage URL and a particular search query and click on ‘Run the Audit’.
The various on-page and technical SEO parameters analyzed are:
- Domain Characteristics
- Title and Meta
- Page’s URL Structure
- Index Status
- Image Analysis
- Content Analysis
- Link Analysis
- Header Tags
- Page Load Optimization
- Keyword Density
- Popularity on Social Media
- Usability and Technical Analysis
Work on the parameters with errors and push your on-page SEO score beyond 80 for better SEO performance.
SE Ranking Review- RANK TRACKING TOOL
SE Ranking not only track your keyword ranks but also the following:
- Google Maps results
- Google ads rankings
- SERP features (featured snippets, videos, etc.)
- Competitor tracking
- Complete top 100 SERP analysis
SE Ranking Review- BACKLINK CHECKING & MONITORING
SE Ranking’s Backlink checker allows you to instantly find out the number of backlinks and referring domains. You could then generate a full report to analyze them in detail.
SE Ranking also enables you to monitor and manage your backlinks. These are the top backlink parameters you could analyze:
- Backlink status -found/not found
- Google index status
- Country – location of backlink
- Last check
- External links – no. of other links on the referring page
- Added on – date of backlink
- Price – price estimate based on the quality of the referring domain.
- Alexa Rank – Quality score based on your backlinks
- Destination URL – page destination which the backlink directs to
- Anchor text
- IP – Ip address
- Social Popularity – no of shares on Facebook
SE Ranking Review- KEYWORD GROUPER
Keyword grouper is an advanced tool, which helps you to group/segment keywords for the following purposes:
- Keyword Distribution across your website
- Plan the SEO architecture for your future website
- Achieve higher PPC quality scores (by PPC grouping)
Simply enter any domain and get a complete analysis of its paid promotion and organic strategies.
Some key parameters/metrics that you could spy are:
- Domain trust /Page trust – Aggregate score based on the quality of backlinks and referring domains.
- Keywords (organic and paid)
- Popular Pages
Competitor Keyword Analysis:
- Keyword rankings, new and lost keyword analysis.
- Search Volume & keyword difficulty
- CPC and the number of competing advertisers
- Traffic estimate
- Search results overview by location/country
Competitor Backlink Analysis:
- Number of Backlinks
- Number of referring domains
- Overview by month
Identify your organic and PPC competitors:
- Overview competitor distribution in both organic and paid traffic
- Identify keyword overlaps between your websites and those of your competitors.
- Analyze traffic volume and keyword competition between you and your competitors.
Analyze your competitor’s most profitable ads by looking at their:
- Google ads campaigns
- Competitive keyword ads
- Monthly ad history
Whitelabel Feature: This allows you to personalize your SEO offering to your clients by adding your own brand name, logo, etc. in your SEO reports.
SEO Reporting Tools: You could generate automated or scheduled reports that are completely tailor-made based on your client’s requirements i.e. custom personalized reports.
Team Management: Create accounts and give access to specific projects for your employees, clients, and colleagues.
API: SE Ranking also provides API and scripts for those who need advanced and additional customized features.
Social Media Management
- Plan, schedule, and publish content across your various social media platforms effortlessly.
- Boost your social media reach, sales, and customer loyalty using social media.
- Analyze and track your social media campaign performance in real-time.
- Optimize your future social media posts for better performance using the past performance data.
- Manage all your social media platforms under one intuitive dashboard.
SE Ranking Review - PRICING
When it comes to pricing, there is no fixed set of plans. It is rather very customizable. As shown in the image below, you could simply select your preferred features one by one and your personalized pricing plan.
Plans start at ridiculous pricing of 18.6$/ month (if paid annually) which you cannot imagine getting in any other SEO software suite.
Now, you might wonder how this is practically possible without compromising on the quality. I had the same doubts too, but SE Ranking works on a simple goal of providing quality SEO offerings without damaging customer’s pockets! And, they achieve this by providing flexible plans with personalized customizations.
In simpler words, you pay only for the features you need! No compromise on quality whatsoever.
You could customize under three pricing plans namely- Optimum, Plus, and Enterprise. The various features included under each plan are listed in the image above. There is a further customization option available for choosing the number of keywords to track ranks under each plan.
You could change/upgrade to superior plans whenever you feel the need to.
SE Ranking Vs Other SEO Tools
Let’s rank the top SEO software suites based on their feature/performance and price.
Ranking Based on Features/Performance:
- SE Ranking (#2)
Ranking Based on Price:
- SE Ranking (#1)
- Agency Analytics
Ranking Based on User Interface friendliness:
- SE Ranking (#3)
Overall Ranking of all the top SEO marketing suites:
- SE Ranking (#2)
Let’s compare SE Ranking with SEmrush in detail.
SE RANKING Vs SEMrush
I have used both SEMrush and SE Ranking personally. Let me share what I like and what don’t like about these two SEO suites
Without a doubt, these two are the most complete SEO software suites providing all the SEO necessary marketing tools now would need.
|Basic Pricing Plan||18.6$/month||120$/month|
|No. of SEO Tools||28||15|
|Social Media MAnagement||Yes||Yes|
|Marketing Plan Feature||Yes||No|
|Lead Generation Tool||No||Yes|
|User Rating (0n G2)||4.8/5.0||4.5/5.0|
|What I Like||What I Don't Like|
|• Flexible & Affordable Pricing Option|
• SEO Suite that can be made suitable for everyone.
• It has all the SEO features that I need
• Clean and user-friendly interface.
|• No Historical Data
• Smaller keyword database compared to SEMrush
|What I Like||What I don't Like|
|• Very intuitive and user-friendly interface.|
• World class SEO Features (covering almost everything)
• The biggest keyword database ever
|• No flexible Pricing
• Not suitable for everyone.
There is no clear winner/loser in this case. It rather depends on what people prefer to choose since both SE Ranking and SEMrush are aimed at different target audiences.
I would say that majority of the people/SEO experts would prefer SE Ranking over SEMrush mainly because of its flexible pricing plan/features. Nevertheless, SEMrush is still the #1 SEO suite that only a very few could afford.
SE Ranking Review- Will SE Ranking Suit You?
Without a doubt, YES!
- Affiliate Marketers
- Digital Marketers
- Small Business/Website Owners
- Independent SEO Experts
- Professional SEO Agencies and much more.
Some of you might want to use the #1 SEO software suite (SEMrush) thinking that it would bring more SEO benefits and results. But, trust me, that is not the case. Semrush is very expensive and most people do not do justice to the price i.e. they don’t use all its features since they don’t have the need to do so.
I too started with SEMrush and it is indeed very powerful. But, the fact is that I only used 50% of the features! I did not need the rest. Therefore, I have shifted to SE Ranking and I would advise you to do the same. (unless you would need the potential features of SEMrush).
SE Ranking Review - PROS & CONS
- All-one-one SEO software suite.
- Top class SEO features
- #2 rated SEO software suite after SEMrush
- Clean and User-friendly interface
- Highest Positive Feedback with over 400,000+ users.
- Recognized and featured as a top SEO suite by various review sites like G2, Capterra, and Finances Online.
- The only affordable all-in-one SEO suite that is available.
- Social Media Management.
- Real-time performance tracking via project set-ep.
- Flexible Pricing Plan suitable for everyone.
- B2B and Whitelabel Features
- Warm and Quick Customer Support via chat, email, and call.
- 14-day free trial (no credit card required)
- Was specifically launched to reduce the pain point of paying big bucks for SEO suites.
- User Interface slightly less intuitive when compared with SEMrush and Ahrefs.
- Smaller Keyword database compared to SEMrush. (but constantly updating)
SE Ranking Review - My Final Thoughts
Search Engine Optimization is a mandatory process for any digital marketer/brand looking to establish their presence on Google. And for that, you will definitely need the help of an SEO/Marketing suite.
SE Ranking is definitely one of the best all-in-one SEO suites that I have used and I am very sure that you would love it too. In fact, by now you would have understood the potential of the software and why it is regarded as a SEMrush alternative.
Now, it is time for you to make a decision.
Make that call risk free by trying out SE Ranking FREE for 14 days! (no credit card required)